Friday, November 13, 2015

Love and Loss

Going though these images, I felt happy, upset and horribly sad. While not knowing these people personally, I was still able to perceive their emotions and I reflected them to an extent.

"These photographs do not define us, but they are us." To me this quote means that while these images show the couple, they do not capture their personality, their likes and dislikes, their hobbies and their treasured memories.

If I was in this situation, I would not be able to photograph these images. I wouldn't want to look at pictures of my loved one sick and remember those days, I would rather look at pictures of them happy and smiling.

If I could write Angelo a letter, I would tell him to remember the days before she got sick, to remember the moment he met her, the moment he asked her out, their first date, when he proposed, when she said yes, their wedding, all the happy moments when she was lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment