Thursday, January 21, 2016

Magazine Cover Peer Review

Magazine I
1. The magazine is titled Alumni and it was designed by Aurora R.
2. Two things I like about Alumni is the title because it directly related to the picture and I liked the cover lines because they are directly related to the title and these things bring the magazine together. 
3. One thing Aurora could do to improve the cover is to make sure that the colors of the cover lines stand out from the picture so all words can be easily read. 
4. I picked this cover because the subject of the picture caught my eye, because she is happy, and because the title stood out from the background. 
5. There is a barcode and it is appropriate in size and placement. 
6. If I walked past this magazine I would look at it, but not pick it all the way up because the the title is somewhat eye-catching, but not so much that I would pick it up. 
7. This is a self-portrait because the subject is clearly the designer of the cover.

1. The magazine is titled We Hate Holidays and it was designed by Ian M. 
2. Two things I like about We Hate Holidays are the title, because it is eye-catching, and the picture, because it is also eye-catching and it creates a sense of curiosity.
3. One thing Ian could to to improve the cover is to make cover lines shorter so they are easier to read. 
4. I picked this cover because the bright colors of the picture caught my eye and because the title was a bright color that also caught my eye.
5. There is a barcode and it is slightly big, and correctly placed. 
6. I would pick this magazine up because the title makes me wonder about the content. 
7. This is a portrait because the subject cannot be the designer of the cover.

1. The magazine is titled Replace and it is designed by Madison Wright.
2. Two things I like about this magazine are the colors of the cover lines, because they are eye-catching, and the way the title goes behind the subject.
3. One thing Madison can do to improve the cover is to rethink placement and length of some cover lines. 
4. I picked this cover because the use of a cut out eye in the picture caught my eye. 
5. There is a barcode and it is appropriate in size and location.
6.  I would look at this magazine, but no pick it up because the subject is interesting, but the cover lines that would be visible aren't interesting to me.
7. This is a self-portrait because the subject is clearly the designer of the cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment