Thursday, March 10, 2016

Architecture Preview

Nautilus House, Mexico
1. Javier Senosiain 
2. Complete in 2007
3. Near Mexico City 
4. You can't visit because people live there
5. $218,000
6. It was built for a family to reside in
7. I picked this building initially because it was located in Mexico, but as I started the research, I discovered that the building is really cool and I wanted to know more about it. The more I looked through the pictures, the more I wished I was rich. This house has an ocean feel to every room and has a very calming tone. 

Eden project, United Kingdom
1. Nicholas Grimshaw
2. Opened to public in 2001 and completed in2000
3. Cornwall, England, UK
4. Yes
5. 140 million £
6. It was built for environmental education
7. I picked this building initially because the name reminded me of the garden of Eden. After research, I discovered that this is actually a pretty cool place that encourages people to learn about the environment. 

Burj Al Arab, UAE
1. Tom Wright
2. December 1999
3. Dubai, UAE
4. Yes, it is a hotel
5. $2 billion
6. It was built to be a hotel.
7. I first chose this building because I know that Dubai has amazing architecture and I wanted to see more of that. During my research I noticed that the building was located on an artificial island which is really cool. I really liked the sail design because it was located on an island and it was thematic.

Krzywy Domek (The Crooked House), Poland
1. Szotynscy and Zeleski
2. 2004
3. Sopot, Poland
4. Yes
5. No information
6. It was built as a business meeting room.
7. I chose this house because it sounded cool and unique. After my research I was a little disappointed with the story behind it, but it was still really cool and I loved the architecture styles it incorporated. 

The UFO House, Taiwan

1. Matti Suuronen 
2. 1978
3. Sanzhi, Taiwan
4. No, they were torn down. 
5. Not specified
6. It was built to be a hotel for foreigners in the military.
7. I chose this because it sounded cool and alien. During my research, I was a little freaked out because they looked haunted, but their story was a little boring. I'm sad that I can't go and see them, but they were really cool and the architecture was interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment