Thursday, April 7, 2016

Student of the Month Story

Freshman Emilia Fox was named Bowie High School's April Student of the Month through her dedication to her academic success. Fox was diligent in finishing her assignments as well as assisting others in their learning and understanding of difficult subjects.
"My friends were my inspiration for helping others because they often asked for my help." Fox said.
Fox's help not only impacted students, her aid was also beneficial to her teachers.
"Whenever Emilia answers her classmates questions, she frees up some of my time so that I can grade papers and write tests and such," English teacher Angel Coulby said.
The help Fox provides extends beyond the help an average student provides.
"It's not often that I have a student that is as helpful in class as Emilia is. Most students that understand the material help mostly their friends, but Emilia helps everybody in the class when they need it, regardless if they disrupt the class," Coulby said.
After school started, it didn't take long or Fox to fill the role of the go-to tutor.
"In the beginning of the year I had no idea how to do dimensional analysis and Emilia was explaining it to me when a few other students started listing too, and the way she explained it, really made sense to the class. She is one of the biggest reasons that I aced that test. Ever since then, she's been the first person I go to when I don't understand something," Freshman Katie McGrath said.
Fox is just as helpful and polite in the real world as she is inside the classroom.
"Emilia is a great person as well as a tutor. She never makes me feel inferior when she explains things, and she never just gives me the answers, she makes sure that I understand the concept and that I can do it on my own. And when I see her in the halls, she always makes sure to be nice and ask how my day's going. I once saw her help a student pick up his papers after they flew out," McGrath said.
Between helping her classmates and completing her own work, Fox has a lot to have pride in.
"Even though it was a bit exhausting, and I would get internally exasperated often, I wouldn't change anything. I'm proud of having helped my peers," Fox said.

No comments:

Post a Comment