Thursday, September 17, 2015

Prompt Shoot Refletion


Some of the challenges I faced with getting the photos for the prompt shoot, were figuring out what to  take pictures of, and how to interpret some of the more abstract prompts.

One of the technical aspects I found myself thinking about the most during the shoot was what "rule" I should use for what picture, and what would the best angle be to get the picture. 

If I could do the assignment again, I would do things differently by take more pictures of everything. I would use several angles for every subject and I would take several pictures from each angle with slight adjustments. I would chose more subjects and use more "rules". 

If I did the assignment again, I would still be somewhat picky about what my subject would be, and I would still take more photos of one prompt than necessary, in order to have more options. 

I would definitely shoot some of the prompts again, mostly Bowie and Happy, because they have positive connotations to me.


http://ramisphotojournalismblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/1st-composition-shoot.html

In this blog are several good photos. The first of these is the Square photo, which shows an excellent example of lines. The second great photo is Happy as it shows amazing balance. However, one improvement I would recommend would be to the Metal photo, the only thing I would change would be the angle, as a something is visible in the upper right hand corner. The photos Rami has taken are awesome and show excellent understanding of the rules of composition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment