Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Unusual and Interesting Photos II

I chose this photo because it is very emotional and the image tells the story extremely well, despite the sensitive subject.
I found this photo in the Returning Veterans, Coming Home category.
This image came in 1st place.
This image caught my eye because it was in black and white and the lines that lead to the woman.
This subject of the image weighed in the judges mind very heavily because the photo showed intense emotion.
I think that the actions of the photographer were unique because the photographer had to get close to the woman and place her in the center of the photo as well as getting the photo from an angle so that not all of the stones were in focus, but the woman was in focus.
I chose this photo because the light of the fire framed the woman, and the contrast created a unique feel.
I found this photo in the Photographer of the Year category.
This image came in 2nd place.
This image caught my eye because the contrast between the fire and the woman gave the image an eerie feel.
The subject of the image weighed in the judges mind somewhat heavily because the photo showed the occurring devastation of the woman's life, and most likely other lives.
I think that the actions of the photographer were unique because the photographer had to place the woman in the left side of the image and had to find the right angle to make sure that the fire illuminated very little of the woman's body.
I chose this photo because the background is blurred and the subject is very pronounced and conveys strong emotions of sorrow and tragedy.
I found this photo in the Domestic News Single category.
This image came in 1st place.
This image caught my eye because the background is blurred and image was well balanced.
The subject of the image weighed in the judges mind heavily because the photo shows intense sorrow and gratefulness.
I think that the actions of the photographer were unique because the photographer most likely had to push and shove his way toward the grieving/thankful family as shown by the heads in the lower left hand corner. The photographer most likely also had to position the camera above his head to capture the man's face in its entirety.





No comments:

Post a Comment